If you’ve joined the increasing number of people who have “gone keto”—then you know at times it can be tough sticking to this effective diet.
However, there might be a simple answer.
The best keto meal replacement drinks could take away the stress. This article explains how they work, and the top products on the market today.
The Best Keto Meal Replacement
Here are what we consider to be the best keto meal replacement products on the market.
1. Ketologie® Chocolate Keto Protein Shake by Ketologie
In my opinion, this is the best keto meal replacement shake that’s currently available.
Let me explain.
By providing 300 calories in each serving—it could be deemed a “true” full-meal replacement drink, which I would suggest makes it ideal for those wanting the nutritional value of a dinner, but demand convenience.
What’s more, this is a “clean” product. With no additional ingredients (such as vitamins), this could imply that it suits those either already supplementing or receiving adequate amounts from their diet.
Furthermore, containing zero net carbs—I believe this would be particularly appealing to those who are either looking for the strictest keto diet possible, or wish to use their 20-50 gram allowance on special treats.
- Net Carbs 0 grams (14 grams total: 7 grams fiber, 7 grams erythritol).
- Fat 25 grams (42 percent).
- Protein 14 grams (23 percent).
- Calories 300.
- A “full” meal replacement.
- Clean—no additional minerals or vitamins.
- Zero net carbohydrates.
- Available in three flavors.
- 18 servings per container.
- Not suitable for vegans—contains bovine collagen.
2. Proganics Organic Keto Meal Replacement Vegan
Australian Made Organic Keto Meal Replacement (Vegan) Trial Packs (includes 2 x individual sachets: 1 of each flavor) Proganics Organic Keto Meal Replacement is a plant-based, keto-specific meal replacement shake designed to help you shed those unwanted kilos by getting your body into ketosis and keeping it there. Proganics Organic Keto Meal Replacement is the perfect blend of fats, protein, and carbohydrates to turn your body into a fat-burning powerhouse.
Entirely plant-based and dairy-free, Proganics Organic Keto Meal Replacement is a convenient and delicious shake that is perfect to use while following a low-carb and ketogenic diet. Packed with the perfect ratio of fats to plant protein to carbohydrate, Proganics Keto Meal Replacement is the ideal formulation you can use to substitute a meal without impacting ketosis.
- Net Carbs 6 gram (4 percent).
- Fat 20 grams (26 percent).
- Protein 15 grams (30 percent).
- Calories 274.
- Entirely plant-based and dairy-free.
- Rich in MCT’s to maximize energy, boost immunity and assist weight loss.
- Broad range of Organically sourced Vitamins and Minerals.
- Available in chocolate and vanilla flavors.
- Contains 500 million gut-healthy probiotics per serving.
- None that we think of.
2. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto
For the person who is looking for added health benefits—I would suggest that this could prove to be the best keto meal replacement drink.
This product has been boosted by the inclusion of 1.5 billion probiotics, known to improve digestion and heighten the immune system. Additionally, it’s fortified with numerous vitamins and minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, and selenium.
I also feel that this could be a good choice for those people who are concerned about animal welfare—the protein source is from grass-fed dairy herds that haven’t been exposed to antibiotics or hormones.
With 280 calories, it could function as a full meal replacement for those with smaller appetites.
- Net Carbs 1 gram (5 grams total: 4 grams fiber).
- Fat 22 grams (44 percent).
- Protein 16 grams (32 percent).
- Calories 280.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, and probiotics.
- High protein content per serving.
- May be sufficient as a “light” full meal.
- Grass-fed dairy protein source.
- Available in chocolate and vanilla flavors.
- 14 servings per container.
- For larger people, those with highly active lifestyles, or committed fitness enthusiasts—the caloric energy may not be enough for a full meal.
3. Keto Diet Shake by Keto Life Style
It’s my belief that this is thebest keto meal replacement for guys and girls wishing to consume the product on a daily basis. This is because it contains a mighty 27 servings—nearly enough for one month’s complete supply.
Available in chocolate and vanilla flavors, this 205-calorie drink could serve as a very light meal or substantial mid-afternoon snack.
Containing 10 grams of protein, this may suit people who are obtaining their amino acids through “real” foods and don’t wish to overload with their meal shake.
What’s more, less than 3 grams of carbohydrate in every serving should mean your state of ketosis isn’t under threat.
- Net Carbs 2 grams (7 grams total: 5 grams fiber).
- Fat 16 grams (43 percent).
- Protein 10 grams (27 percent).
- Calories 205.
- Sufficient for one month’s use.
- Low in carbohydrates.
- GMO, sugar, and gluten-free.
- Calorie and protein content may be too low for some users.
4. Purus Labs Ketofeed Low Glycemic Meal Replacement by Purus Labs
If you’re looking to pile on muscle or find hitting your daily protein targets tough—I would suggest this could be the best keto meal replacement for you.
It’s because each serving of this shake includes an impressive 20 grams of protein—amounting to around 50 percent of the entire supplement. This can lead to impressive muscle gains and will not push you out of ketosis, as it only contains 1 gram of carbohydrate.
Available in Samoa chocolate or the fashionable salted caramel flavor, it provides 15 individual servings (about two weeks if used daily).
- Net Carbs 1 gram.
- Fat 10 grams (25 percent).
- Protein 20 grams (50 percent).
- Calories 170.
- High in protein.
- Only 1 gram of carbohydrate.
- Available in two flavors.
- Easily mixable.
- Contains no dietary fiber.
- 170 calories would be sufficient as a “snack” drink but not a complete meal.
5. KetoLogic Ketogenic Meal Replacement Shake
In my opinion, this could be the best keto meal replacement for those people looking to find an alternative to traditional snacks.
This is because it contains 170 calories—enough to keep hunger pangs at bay and keep you in ketosis, but not to replace entire meals.
With strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate flavors available—it could suit even the most demanding of palates. Plus, 20 servings should allow for about three weeks of use if consumed daily.
- Net Carbs 4 grams (6 grams total: 2 grams fiber).
- Fat 13 grams (42 percent).
- Protein 7 grams (23 percent).
- Calories 170.
- Suitable size for a snack.
- 20 servings per container.
- Mixes easily.
- Protein content may be too low for some people.
- Insufficient as a full meal replacement.
* KetoLogic Ketogenic Meal Replacement Shake - The Bundle
Additionally, this supplement can be purchased as part of a 30-day bundle—providing either a convenient way to start off your keto journey—or as a welcome alternative for seasoned keto dieters.
The KetoLogic 30-day bundle includes the meal replacement shake and KetoLogic BHB (beta-hydroxybutyrate)—exogenous ketones to push you into ketosis as soon as possible.
Simply have one meal replacement drink, two BHB supplements, and two low-carb meals per day—and it’s the complete one-month ketosis program.
Informational guide to Keto Meal Replacement
What Is a Keto Meal Replacement Shake?
Keto meal replacement products are usually supplied as a powder, which can then be mixed with water, or keto-friendly milk, to make a shake. Although, some of these drinks can be purchased pre-mixed, meaning you just open and consume.
They’re manufactured to contain sufficient calories and nutrients to serve as an alternative to a meal—be that a full dinner or light snack.
I know what you’re thinking.
This sounds very similar to the numerous diet shakes that are already available. However, they have one main difference.
They’re designed to keep you in ketosis.
This means that they are high in fat and low in carbs.
How Do Keto Shakes Work?
As you’re reading this article—there’s a good chance you already understand the keto diet. But just in case you’re here out of curiosity or interest, let me give you a quick overview.
In normal circumstances, your body meets its energy requirements through carbohydrates. However, if there are insufficient amounts to meet this demand, it has to source the energy from elsewhere.
The result—fat stores are burnt and you lose weight. Here’s a video that explains this process in detail.
The issue arises in that if you inadvertently consume too many carbohydrates—your body leaves the ketosis state. As it can take 2-3 days to enter full ketosis, your hard work is undone and you need to start the process again.
The best keto meal replacement powders are formulated to ensure that you remain in ketosis—even though “cheating” by consuming an all-in-one drink. Many other diet drinks tend to be low in fat—but this macronutrient is essential in the keto diet.
What Are the Benefits of a Keto Meal Replacement?
One of the key aspects that makes the best keto meal replacement attractive is its convenience.
Sticking to the keto diet does require some dedication. Ensuring that all your meals are high in fat, low in carbs, and contain sufficient protein can make preparing food every day a little complicated.
This is further exacerbated if you’re new to this diet regime or are stretched for time. Here are some circumstances in which these drinks may prove beneficial:
- For people “on-the-go”—typically, snack foods are high in carbs (such as chips or candies); having a keto-friendly shake means you can satisfy your hunger without coming out of ketosis.
- When away from home—if you’re staying in a hotel for the weekend, for example, there’s no guarantee they’ll have food options available for those on a keto diet.
- Are short of free time—if you’re really trying to lose weight and improve fitness, your evenings could involve going to the gym after work, leaving little opportunity to prepare a full meal.
- When lacking inspiration—trying to come up with new and interesting keto meal ideas every day can become challenging; the best keto meal replacement drinks can offer a simple solution.
What to Look for in A Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Here are what I consider to be the key elements to think about in your keto meal replacement.
In my opinion, this is the primary consideration. You need to check:
- Fat content—a keto diet is typically high in fat, you need this for energy.
- Caloric value—it needs to be sufficient to replace the particular “real” meal, hence if it’s a purely a snack, 100-200 calories will be enough; but if it’s being consumed in place of a main meal it will need to be around 300 calories or more.
- Protein amount—essential to maintain muscle mass.
- Carbohydrate content—typically, a keto diet consists of a daily intake of 20-50 grams of carbs.
Just a quick note.
This is because these carb types aren’t metabolized into energy—hence will not take you out of ketosis.
Choosing a keto meal replacement that has a pleasant and appealing taste means that you’re more likely to consume it—not look elsewhere for a meal “cheat” that may take you out of ketosis.
This should be selected depending on your consumption forecast. If you want a keto meal replacement for a specific reason (such as a day trip to the beach) you will not require such a large product as those who are looking to use it as a daily meal option.
Some products are fortified with other ingredients, such as minerals, probiotics, or vitamins. This can make them appealing to people who are concerned about the lack of these elements in their current diet.
For me, the Ketologie keto protein shake is the best keto meal replacementavailable.
In my opinion, it ticks all the right boxes.
As it packs 300 calories into every serving, I feel it has enough energy to really function as an alternative to a main meal. What’s more, with zero net carbs, this shake should suit the strictest keto dieters.
The 14-gram protein content should appeal to those looking for muscle gains, and 18 servings provide nearly three weeks of product. Finally, available in three flavors, I believe there should be a flavor to suit most tastes.